First off-- WELCOME TO MY NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG!!!! Holy moly!!!! For those of you that have ever had to do a rebrand/create a website, etc.....you know what a process it is....so you can understand my excessive use of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited to share some new images and streamline everything onto this one site for you all! The remaining 2015 season is going awesome, and I am already booking up and looking forward to 2016! I will have an abundance of blog posts coming up-- as I have been waiting for this site to post them all! So grab a cup of coffee, or a bottle of wine, and ENJOY!
If you are looking for past blog posts to check out some work-- my previous blog is still up and running and will always be there! You can visit HERE:
Now, onto one of my favorite weddings from 2014-- Ali & Tim's Georgia Soiree!!
Southern hospitality at it's finest.
I have never been to the south. Crazy, right? Well, I've been to florida...but you know what I mean. I have to tell you-- Savannah is a charming place! I didn't realize there was so much Pirate culture there as well-- I kinda felt like a little kid and it was awesome. Oh-- I also went on a ghost Tour...also awesome. There is something about the history in that area that reaches far beyond what we have here in the West...and I was captivated.
Not only was I captivated by the culture and beauty of the area-- but I was captivated by these two lovebirds--- and their family and friends. I have truly never been around so many sweet and genuine people. I felt like family...I felt a warmth in my soul-- so thank you Ali & Tim.
I have a bit of a history knowing Ali-- I happened to have the pleasure of meeting her just as I was making my exit out of my job at the time for my Maternity leave (over 5 years ago! geez!!). We had stayed in contact through the years-- and I was so happy when she reached out to photograph she and Tim's wedding! I met Tim one night when we were all getting beers downtown-- and we shared a conversation in a BBQ food truck line outside a brewery....I was sure we were going to get a long great! ;)
After a killer Engagement session in the Colorado Fall mountains (click here to see the post of their photos!), I prepped for a BEACH wedding (woohoo!!) across the country! Now, there are about a million pictures for this post-- and hopefully you see why. Seriously. Just look at these colors....the light....the decor....and not the least-- the BRIDE. Ali, you were absolutely stunning! There is so much I could say about this day and these two-- but I'm hoping that the pictures will do it for me. However, I would like to list out a few things that are burned in my mind about how awesome this day was....so here you go:
- Jack and Coke gifts for the groomsmen with vintage straw....really?? Genius.
- Spanish Moss trees....'nuff said. These things are so amazing!!!! I was obsessed with them.
- The gals that befriended me (and Kelley!) that weekend from Charleston....I fully admit I don't remember all your names....but just know that you are awesome and I had an amazing time hanging with you all!!
- The beach. Duh. You just can't beat that killer light. Just look below...you'll see ;)
- Driftwood beach!! so cool!! Tons of huge trees that have made their home on this beach...makes for some pretty cool photo-ops!
- The ocean breeze late at night- just cozy and wonderful.
- Parents. Yep. I totally love both Ali and Tim's parents. Truly Southernly sweet and funny as hell.
- the fact that Ali's dad wore Aviator shades during their first dance.
- the fact that I have a photo (below) of Ali's mom being Motorboated by someone.
- the fact that I got to talk with one of the guests about my Sons of Anarchy obsession.
- awesome sparkler exit.
- I had a friend and travel buddy with me!
- the colors....the decor....jesus.....Bob is the best!!!
- Last but not least....Ali & Tim....they are just seriously the cutest and most adorably awesome people ever. that's all.
Venue: The Beachview Club & Hotel
Decor/Design/flowers: Events by Miss Daisy
(special thanks to my partner in crime, Kelley, that day for helping me with lights and reflector holding and being my travel buddy!!! ;)
Of course a late night photo of me with the B&G....love these two! (I'm going for the wind-blown look...)